- Notice Board > Visa
- There is a variety of visa options available when visiting Republic of Korea. These are general guide to common visa options for those participating in a sporting event in Republic of Korea.
- The appropriate visa will depend on your intended length of stay in Republic of Korea. In general, this general guide follows “up to 90 days visa types”
- All visitors in Republic of Korea must have a valid visa to travel to and enter Republic of Korea (except for the people who are from countries under visa exemption agreement).
- More general visa information is available on the Korea Visa Portal (www.visa.go.kr ), and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (www.mofa.go.kr).
- Amateur sports people who will not receive any prize money, volunteer support staff whose usual occupation is unrelated to the sporting activity and spectators may apply for Short-Term General(C-3-1) and Ordinary Tourist(C-3-9) visa to participate in an event/s for up to three months (90 days).
- A person who plans to stay for a short period of time on the purpose of visiting relatives, investing in public business, participating in a non-official sport games, attending events or meetings, performing cultural art, engaging in a training, taking lessons, attending a religious ceremony, collecting documents for academic research, or any other equivalent activities.
Ordinary Tourist (C-3-9)
- A person who plans to visit Korea on the purpose of travel for holidays or leisure
Visa Application Process
By e-Form (Visa)
- e-form is a way an applicant can fill out an electronic visa application form online and submit it to the Visa Portal before he/she visits a Korean diplomatic mission in his/her country of residence.
- Applicable Status of Stay for e-Form includes 90 days or less single-entry visas for eligible applicants of C-1 Short-term News Coverage (C-1), Short-Term General (C-3), and Short-Term Employee (C-4) status of stay for competitors, professional support staffs, and spectators.
- Visit www.visa.go.kr for registration
- Application Procedure through e-Form registration
- Send e-form
- Submission of Application at the Diplomatic Office & Payment
- Reception & Review
- Visa Issuance
- Required Documents can be found on the site www.visa.go.kr.